Something Different

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Hi! I just thought I'd take a break from studying and write a little something since I've not updated in a while. This week has been sooo hectic. I'm so sleep deprived and in desperate need of a better diet. My body is just so out of shape and I don't like it. I've been eating nothing but processed junk. The second I get home from class, I'd head to my kitchen and grab some cookies or cake to snack on. Every-damn-day! I know it's no good for me but it's much more convenient to just grab whatever available rather than actually cooking something. As for getting active? Yeah, I don't run as much as I used to because... Lazy. I do put in a little effort though. The countless flights of stairs I face everyday in college. Yup, that is a workout. I even park my car a distance away from college because I need any form of exercise I can possibly get.

Speaking of, I cannot believe next week is the last week of the second semester. One more semester and I'm done with my Foundation year! It always blows my mind how fast time flies. As for my finals, I don't think I'll do as good as I did last semester. I'm not expecting much but I don't wanna disappoint myself either. I will give it my all though I AM GOING TO SUCK SO BAD. BUT IT'S OKAY. Cheesecake and chocolates exist for a reason and that reason is to make me feel better after a horrible paper. Yup. Don't tell me otherwise! ;)

On a different note, lately I've realised how much I want to be in an environment involving photo shoots in the fashion industry. I've always been so fond of it. I'm always interested in seeing how stylists and makeup artists work with their models. I've always dreamt of seeing what goes on behind a high fashion photo shoot. I wish I could experience it someday. In New York maybe? Okay, I honestly don't know what exactly I want to be but I do have an industry (three actually) I hope to venture in one day. Fashion, makeup and aviation. Truth be told, fashion isn't my first choice. Way back when I was a little kid, I really, REALLY wanted to be a pilot. I was and still am absolutely in love with flying. Airplanes and airports excite me so much, you have no idea. But if you know me, you'd know that I'm not the tallest person on earth. The older I got, the more I realise my height could be a limiting factor. So there goes my dreams of becoming a pilot... I know there are other jobs out there in the aviation industry, but I was just so in love with the idea of being the captain of an aeroplane. I didn't want to settle for anything else.

Then, YouTube came along. I was exposed to the fashion & beauty community on YouTube when I was about 13, I think. I'm pretty sure the first video I watched that started this whole obsession was Blair Fowler's Taylor Swift's hair tutorial... And the love I have for fashion and makeup just grew from there. Ah, the power of social media. I definitely do not think I dress oh-so-glamorously. I don't even wear any colour! I'm always wearing a plain (black) tee and jeans to class... Only because I'm lazy and your girl here has other priorities aka food and college supplies.
Ever since watching Blair's video, I started discovering more YouTube channels. Right now, I'm currently subscribed to 641 channels... Yup. 641. Pretty sure 80% of them are fashion and beauty channels. The rest are of cooking, traveling and music. I don't even watch TV anymore. My source of entertainment is YouTube. Vlogs, fashion shows, makeup tutorials, guitar covers. I'm on that website 24/7.

I feel like this post is going in all directions. I just have a lot to say but I don't know how to come up with a good flow  – for lack of a better word. I like writing somewhat personal posts like this. It gives people a little insight on what I like and dislike. I should do this more often.


You Might Also Like

0 comments