Disappointing Products #1

Saturday, November 21, 2015

HI!!! LONG TIME NO SEE!! Thought I'd do a post on disappointing products today since I've never done it before!

 1. Essence XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss Matt effect in Soft Nude


 So the only reason I got this was because I heard it's a close dupe to MAC's Velvet Teddy. Velvet Teddy wasn't even out in Malaysia at the time but I wanted to try it so bad because everyone talks about it. The colour of this Essence one is average, I guess. The formula and the scent, hate it. It's not as long lasting as you'd expect. I wouldn't recommend this. I'm pretty sure a better alternative to this would be NYX's Soft Matte Lip Creams! They're amazing but every time I want to get some, it's always out of stock at Sephora! :(

2. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 210 Unapologetic 



I actually got this thing by accident. I wanted another shade; I think it was called Audacious? I know I've always said I love anything bold and matte but not this one. The colour was... meh. But it's not the colour I don't like! It's the formula! It's horrible!! No idea if I got a dud or if it's just the formula of this shade itself that sucks. Dina has the shade Sultry and my Mom has the red one (forgot what it's called) and the formula is lovely. The one I have is so patchy!

Pls tell me you can see how patchy it swatches!! Hate it!
I didn't wanna toss this because it'll just make me feel like I'm throwing away money. So the only way I managed to salvage this was by applying it in the middle of my lips and then dabbing it everywhere. Probably hard to understand but I learned it from Lissa Nazeri's video.

3. Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes mascara




I am sooo glad I didn't pay the full price for this. I think Watsons had a promo where if you buy anything in the store, you'd get the mascara for only RM10. I don't really get the hype because this didn't really do much for me. I liked the lower lash side of the mascara though I use that for my upper lashes. Didn't really do much for my bottom lashes.

4. Maybelline Pink Alert by Color Sensational Lipstick in POW 4




DUDE omg this lipstick is HORRIBLE. Again, I didn't pay for this (thank god). I got it as a freebie from Luxola. I loveeee matte lipsticks so I thought I'd like this but nope. The formula is so tacky. You know when you have lipstick on and you rub/smack your lips together, it feels tacky but still bearable? Yeah, I couldn't stand how tacky it was. I did read some reviews on this and it had positive feedbacks so I don't know why I dislike this?¿? Also, Maybelline Malaysia, if you're reading this, could you pleaseee bring in the matte lipstick line?! There are so many colours I want from that line. Divine Wine and Touch of Spice are stunning!

5. Essence Match2Cover cream concealer


I got this on a whim. I walked into Watsons and grabbed the first concealer I saw because I felt like spending my money on a concealer that day. I think they have this in 2 shades; I got the darker one but it's still way too light on me. It made me look ashy. But then again, it didn't complement my skin tone in the first place. So that's not exactly a solid reason why I don't like this. I think it's because I'm not too keen on cream concealers. I like liquid ones. Liquid ones don't feel as heavy on the skin. I guess that's why I don't really like this one.

6. The Body Shop Tea Tree Cleansing Wipes vs. Purederm Argan Oil Makeup Remover wipes


I was contemplating on whether or not to include this because I don't actually know how I feel about it. Been using Simple makeup wipes for the longest time. So I thought I'd switch up and try the Body Shop one from the Tea Tree Oil range. At first, I didn't really like it because of the weird tingling sensation it leaves behind. It did remove almost all of my makeup though so they do get the job done.


The reason why I don't know if I should include these Body Shop ones is because when I ran out of them, I got this Purederm one only because it was under RM10! Tried it and if I had to choose between the this and the Body Shop one, I'd go for the latter. I felt like I have to rub my face so hard to get all the makeup off. Not a fan. Still gonna use it though. Tak nak buang. Bazir duit nanti!! Once I go through these wipes, I'm going back to my trusty Simple ones. They're the best!

My first semester just ended and I'm so happy!! This is my favourite time of the year. Cosmetic companies are coming out with holiday collections. The ones at Sephora are amazing!! The Tarte blush palette is sooo pretty! The packaging is so glittery, I freakin love it. I only got a lip trio set from Stila though because... I got my hands on BECCA's Highlight in Champagne Pop!!!!!! YA THE ONE THAT JACLYN HILL CREATED. Dude, I've already planned to get the blush palette and this lip set thing from Too Faced but when Jaclyn herself mentioned on Snapchat that Champagne Pop will be on Luxola, I lost my shit. I love Jaclyn Hill so of course I freaked out like crazy. The next day, I saw it on Luxola and immediately bought it with no hesitation HAHA. It's so expensive I wanted to cry but I literally was like "Ah screw this. It's limited edition. This is Jaclyn Hill. I need it. I want it. Buying it"

Next posts will be of my current beauty and non-beauty favourites! See ya!

You Might Also Like

0 comments