Current Beauty Favourites #3

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

AAAAND I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER FAVOURITES. Finals are over. I am currently free from any 'academic responsibilities' and enjoying every second of it. I haven't put up a favourites in months! I've accumulated quite a lot since the last favourites post ;)

1. Face:


A. Urban Decay setting sprays
DUDE. This is definitely worth the hype. SO WORTH IT. I thought the regular one with the purple cap was great... And then I tried the oil control version (grey cap), holy shit?! AMAZING. Freaking amazing. 300/10! The bottle gets dirty really easily though. Nevertheless, I WILL BUY THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN.

B. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium/Deep
Will you be freaked out if I told you what was the first thing I did when I got this? Uhh I licked it HAHAHA. Because it smelled so good so I got curious. I wanted to know if it actually tastes like chocolate. And guess what? It does taste like chocolate!! I even made Dina licked it. She was grossed out at first when I told her to do it but when she did, she literally went "OH MY GOD OOOH WOW." I like this! I like how cool toned it is, perfect for contouring. But somehow it still works for bronzing up the skin! I don't think it's as pigmented as the Sleek Face Form/Contour kit though.

C. Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer in Medium Neutral
Saw everyone raving about this and decided to buy it few weeks ago during the 20% off sale at Sephora. I love it!! It's so light and creamy! I feel like my MAC Pro Longwear concealer is a bit too thick compared to this. I don't know about the longevity though. Never really noticed. I'd definitely buy this again!


2. Eyes/Eyebrows/Lashes


A. Inglot Duraline
I got this because of Claire Marshall! So I use gel liners all the time. Easiest to use! When it dries up, I usually throw them away, which sucks because there's usually still so much product left. Then I discovered this. It basically "un-dries" any product that's in a pot (i.e. gel liners, cream shadows etc). Highly recommend this!

B. Maybelline Rocket Volume mascara
I never know what to say about mascaras. To me, it just gets the job done and I love it. I don't really have anything else to say besides that.

C. Colourpop Brow Colour in Black 'n Brown
I like this a lot! Very long-lasting and it matches perfectly with my black hair. I don't have my natural hair right now though. I dyed it a few months back but there's not really a huge difference so I think I can get away with the brow colour.

3. Lips


A. Colourpop lippies
I have four colours - Bumble, Tulle, Beeper and Rooch. I love the first three (shown above) but Rooch is so horrible!! I was so excited when I got it because of how pretty the colour looked like online. But the formula is terrible. It's far more drying compared to the other 3 I mentioned. It was so flaky and SO drying. I don't know if I got a dud or what but I do not recommend Rooch. The other 3, amazing. I've seen complaints on how people think they're drying but I think they're bearable. Definitely not sticky on the lips, at least on me it's not. Bumble and Tulle are at the top of my favourites list! Beeper is straight up grey on me! So beyond my comfort zone but I actually like it.

B. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes
I LOVE THIS. It's like a warm pink. Perfect for everyday!

C. Tarte Lip Paint in TBT
I wanted this colour ever since I first swatched it but it was sold out practically everywhere. So one day, I browsed through Sephora online to kill time. Clicked on New In, saw this and freaked out. Bought it immediately! This colour is so nice! Definitely has that mauvy feel to it. The formula takes forever to dry though. And the packaging.. I don't like it. Am I the only one? I feel like it wastes a lot of product because it just sticks to the cap thingy. Tarte definitely needs to work on that!

D. Kylie Lip Kit in Candy K
The lip product everyone is talking about! By far, this is the most I've ever spent on a lip product. To be honest, it is not the best formula I've ever tried! I was a bit disappointed ya know. I guess because everyone was raving about it so much so I already had high expectations on it. I don't know man. I thought it was a bit too drying than what everyone says. I felt like Colourpop's formula is better! I kinda thought the colour looked gross on me at first but then it grew on me. Now I love it. I'd give this a 7/10. Would I buy it again? Probably HAHA. I want Reign from the metal matte collection and Dolce K! Got this from lushxmalaysia on Instagram! If you're looking to buy these, don't bother paying RM200 for it. Those people hike up the prices like crazy! I think lushxmalaysia sells it the cheapest!

Update: The paragraph above was written a month ago. I think the formula is great... sometimes. I don't know if I'm the only one who has this issue but sometimes it feels great, sometimes it cracks on the lips. It's inconsistent! I must say, when it actually does perform well, it feels like I'm wearing nothing on my lips, it feels smooth! I reaaally want Exposed :(

I think I'll do a post on my favourite skincare products soon. I thought of incorporating it here but this post is already getting too long so... I'm actually thinking of doing a video of it instead. Do a stop motion film. No idea how to make a stop motion film though. I'm gonna have to work on that... see ya!

You Might Also Like

0 comments