Review: Morphe 35O Palette

Saturday, January 21, 2017


So I recently got my hands on the ever so popular Morphe 35O palette. This has been all over social media for almost 2 years I think? And for good reasons too! I got mine off of beautybay.com back in December for slightly more than what it costs if I bought it directly off the Morphe website. BUT shipping to Malaysia/Australia is USD25. Beautybay offers free shipping for orders over $19!! Obviously, purchasing it from beautybay was the better option. I've never done any in-depth product reviews before but I thought I'd give
it a try.

First of all, this palette was smaller than I thought it would be, which is a good thing! That means it's easier to travel with. I kinda wished it came with a mirror! It makes doing my makeup more convenient. I wished the shades were labelled but personally, I don't mind. It's not like I do makeup tutorials on YouTube. Ya know how they always say things like "so now I'm gonna use (insert shade name) in the outer corner of my eye"? Yeah, I imagine it to be a bit annoying for them to say "I'm gonna take the bottom colour of the middle row" when doing tutorials. I think having your shades labelled would be easier because you know exactly what shades to look for if you're doing a look based on a tutorial you watched.

It comes with 35 shades. 21 of them are mattes, 14 of them are shimmers. Some of the shimmer shades look like foiled eyeshadows, while others look like your average shimmery shades. Some mattes are super buttery and pigmented, some are so-so.

SWATCHES
First Row
Second Row.
I use the second shade from the top as a face highlight!! Loveee this colour so much!
Third Row
Fourth Row
Fifth Row
Sixth Row
Seventh Row


My most favourite shade from this palette has gotta be this pink shimmery shade that I labelled with a white star in the picture above. It looks super basic in the pan but when I swatched it, I was blown away!! It has this slight pink iridescent sheen to it and I immediately decided that I was gonna use it as a highlight til the day I die. Soo stunning!! My next favourite is the light orange colour (purple star). I don't know if I should describe it as a matte because it looks slightly shimmery in the pan but it looks matte when I wear it. If I were to name this colour, I'd call it Orange Soda because it reminds me of one. I use this as a transition shade and it's sooo pretty!!

VERDICT: Considering it was only USD28, I think it's worth the money! You get 35 beautiful shades at USD0.80 each! Sure, the pigmentation of some colours could be better but still, they're pretty amazing! If you loveeee warm colours and you've been looking for an affordable palette, look no further! I give this 7 out of 10 stars!!


That is my attempt of doing a cut crease using the palette!! I think it came out pretty good considering I've never done a cut crease :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments