Plans for 2017?

Sunday, December 25, 2016

There's a little over a week left of 2016. This is sooo overused but I really can't believe how fast time has gone. I'm turning 21 next year. TWENTY ONE. I'm celebrating my birthday and Raya in Melbourne, without my family next year. I'm feeling kinda down about it because I've never been away from my family for celebrations like Hari Raya. How am I gonna get my duit raya?! :(

I'm excited to see what next year has for me! I've already enrolled myself for next semester. I'm taking 3 second year units in Media & Communication, Sociology and Marketing and a first year French unit. I'm still contemplating on whether to take up French or Mandarin next year. Mandarin because I learned it for 3 or 4 years I think? I went to a Chinese kindergarten and took Mandarin for 2 years during my primary school days. So I thought it'd be easier for me to learn again if I take it next year. Plus, it's the world's most spoken language so... And my dad keeps going on and on about how Mandarin would be helpful in the world of business. But I also wanna take up French because it's such a sexy language hahahah. Ok seriously, I have always had this big ass dream of working in a well-known fashion/beauty company in Europe. So I thought French would be nice to add to my resume ya know. I have always wanted to do marketing/merchandising/retailing/media in the fashion or beauty industry!!

I've got sooo many things I wanna do next year. My plan is to get a part-time job to save up and explore Australia. I wanna go back to Sydney, Gold Coast, probably visit a friend in Tasmania and go skiing in New Zealand. I miss New Zealand so much!!

I'm also hoping to go to more concerts and maybe a music festival or two next year. As I'm typing all of this, I can hear the voice in my head going "Are you sure you can save enough money for all this?!" I'm gonna try!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THOSE CELEBRATING AND HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR! I AM SO EXCITED FOR 2017.

You Might Also Like

0 comments