Homesick

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

So I'm back in Melbourne already. I got here on Saturday morning. I took a taxi from the airport for the first time. It cost me $115... That is RM370... That is a lot of money. I got home and unpacked a little. Then I did some grocery shopping with my new housemate, took a 40-minute nap and went out that night.

I chose to come back on Saturday because I really wanted to go to White Night that night. I've been wanting to go to White Night for a year now and I'm SO glad I did. It was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. I didn't vlog as much as I wanted to because there were just so many people. I couldn't be bothered filming every single thing. I do have some clips, which I'll include in my February vlog. It was such a great night with great company. Would re-live it a thousand times over.


Come Sunday, I was down. I got so homesick. I tried sleeping to get my mind off of it but it didn't work. I slept the entire day and was still so tired. Yesterday was even worse. I just couldn't take it anymore and I started crying. This is so hard to deal with. I wanna go home but at the same time, I don't. I miss my family and friends so much. I felt like I had no one to turn to. All I wanted was to hug someone and be told that everything will be alright. Yesterday is something I never want to experience ever again. It's depressing.

Today feels slightly better. I wanted to stay home and do some reading for my classes next week but I'm glad I didn't. I went to uni today to see what's going on. I had so much fun. I went to Wominjeka, which I guess is like a welcoming new students type of event. There was live music, fun games and great food. The music was pretty good! It really helped me get my mind off things.

Now I'm back home and I feel like the homesickness is slowly pulling me in. I feel so down again. All I want is a hug from one person. I miss home so much.

You Might Also Like

0 comments