Update: College

Saturday, April 26, 2014

I have never been more exhausted in my life. I have been yawning non-stop for the past 20 minutes. How's life at college? Tiring. It hasn't reached that stressful stage yet but I bet it will in a couple of days. I have tests in about 2 weeks from now. SHOOT ME. In case you're wondering, I'm taking 5 subjects this semester; General Studies, English, Math, Business Management and Microeconomics. I can't believe I'm about to say this but believe it or not, for the first time in like ever, I can't say that English is my favourite subject. In fact, English would probably be at the bottom of my "list of favourite subjects". Microeconomics and Math are my favourites as of right now.

My dad was right. Microeconomics is so interesting! I was expecting to hate this subject but nope, I love it! I still haven't completely understand everything but I'm slowly but surely getting there. I somehow think Microeconomics is a tad bit like Psychology. Not that I know anything about Psychology but I feel like the Law of Supply and Demand could easily be psychology-ish because it somehow talks about how one thinks. Ok you know what, I don't think I'm making any sense. But I'm sure those who are currently studying Microeconomics get what I mean.

Ah, Math. My feelings for Math is a tad bit bipolar. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I wish I could revive the person who invented it and kill him again just for the satisfaction. I used to be so confused with Math because my high school teacher was... yeah. Something. I took extra classes for Math and got the hang of it and I have been in love with Math ever since. So far, everything is going smoothly. I'm still a little lost with the whole Polynomials thing but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. I always do :p
But I am kinda intimidated with this subject because my former form 4 classmate told me it is basically Add Math and I was shit at Add Math. So go figure. But at this moment, radical and rational exponents and all that are pretty basic. Thank God!

I don't really see the point of studying General Studies. I wouldn't say it is a waste of time because I learnt things about myself that I have never known. I discovered more of my talents and weaknesses. But still, why do we have to take up this subject?! But hey, at least my lecturer is hella fun!

Business Management is quite interesting but it's a drag. And oh my god, English. What the heck?! And this coming from someone who LOVES English. WHAT THE HECK. We actually have to study literally everything. Nouns, Tenses and all those boring stuff. I am so not up for that. But ugh, anything for an amazing CGPA man! I so hope I get good grades for my first semester. It would motivate me so much if everything goes the way I want it to.

Some of my classmates are a part of the prom committee. Yesterday, they made a set up right outside the student hub. If you beat my classmate, Jake (in black) in arm wrestling, you win yourself a pair of tickets to prom! And I don't think anybody won because apparently, Jake has the strongest arm in Malaysia! You would probably need a whole army to beat this guy! He didn't even flinch when guys bigger than him gave it their all. Crazy!



Jake (black) & a random Korean guy

And look who I hung out with for a good 10 minutes yesterday! Haven't seen this one in a while! 

 And that's basically about it. My week has been hectic yet exciting at the same time! Drowning in a sea of assignments ugh. I don't know how it would be in the next few weeks. Gotta take it all in one day at a time!

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments