Book Haul + Book Review

Monday, June 08, 2015



So I received my BB1M vouchers awhile ago and I thought why not share it with you. At first, the list of books I wanted buy consists of nothing but fashion and beauty books. But after going through the Refinery29 book, I thought it was just a waste of money. I don't mean it in a horrible way but I feel like when it comes to fashion and beauty, you could always rely on the Internet. Personally, I don't think you need books on styling tips. Nonetheless, still an interesting read. Plus, I could always go through it when I'm in need of some inspiration. The only time I think it's okay to spend money on books about fashion and beauty is when it's about the history of it or something along those lines.


I've already read #GIRLBOSS and let me tell you, it is a great book! I find it very inspiring how Sophia Amoruso went from being homeless to the CEO of Nasty Gal in a short period of time. But with that being said, I don't like how Nasty Gal has been copying designer brands and claiming that it's theirs. Not cool, Nasty Gal. Not cool. 

Read I've Got Your Number too! Been wanting this book for years but I never got around to buying it. I thought it was a pretty good book. Funny and adorable. It's definitely my kind of read. Have I ever mentioned that I have almost all of Sophie Kinsella's books? Clearly, I am a fan of her!

I have yet to read the James Patterson books I got. I only got them because I find myself always reaching for the romantic, girly novels. So I thought I'd give James Patterson a shot. I actually wanted Murakami's Norwegian Wood as well but couldn't find it anywhere! 

And that's all I have to share today. 'Til then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments