Life Goals

Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy 2016!! I know everyone says this but I can't help it; how is it already 2016?! It felt like January of 2015 was just yesterday. It's so mind-boggling to think of how fast time flies!

I wanted to do a post on my life goals because I felt like it's somehow fitting considering it's the start of the new year. But this isn't a post where I go "Oh this year, I want to do this or that." Nope. I want to talk about my actual life goals. Things I want to achieve before I die. A bucket list basically. I have tons of things I wanna cross off the list but I narrowed it down to my top 3!

1. Contribute to saving animals

I know I say I love animals but honestly, I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I own leather goods. I still eat meat. I own a few makeup items that aren't cruelty-free (L'Oreal, Maybelline, MAC etc). I do things that contradicts my love for animals. I've had cats since I was 5 or 6 years old so it's in my nature to adore animals. I don't like lizards though HAHA. But my point is, it still bothers me that it's the 21st century and there are companies that still test on animals. It's 2016 and there are still people doing dog fights. I watched a show about dog fighting once and I didn't have the emotional 'strength' to watch it til the end. It breaks my heart to know that the weaker one gets killed by other dogs just like that. I am trying to stay away from brands that aren't cruelty-free. I'm happy to see that Malaysia now has a lot of cruelty-free brands - albeit some of these brands are super high end and super expensive. I don't know how I'm gonna do this but I'll figure something out. Maybe open a no-kill shelter to start with? I need ideas!

2. Start a false eyelashes company

This is super random but it's actually the reason why I thought of doing this post in the first place! I had a dream that I started my own fake lashes company and when I woke up, I felt like a lightbulb went off in my head. And now, I just want to turn this into a reality. I have to be honest though, I've never worn fake lashes because a) I'm always so afraid that the lash glue will irritate my eyes and b) HOW DOES ONE EVEN APPLY FALSIES?!
I'm kinda inspired by Karissa Pukas. She has her own eyelash company, which I'm pretty sure is cruelty-free. That's always a plus. I've always had dreams of starting my own company but I never know what's the first step to take. If I do ever make this into a reality, I've already decided that my mom and dad should be the CEO/Managing Directors or something along those lines hehe. I've even talked to them about this!! All I need now is to figure out the first step to take!!

3. Spend less on materialistic items and travel more

I remember my naive 14-year-old self and all I could think of was "Imagine all the things I could buy if I was rich." Not gonna lie, I'm 19 and I still have thoughts like that. I daydream about getting my first designer bag with my own money. I dream of having a ridiculously huge collection of designer goods. But as I got older, I realised that owning all these materialistic items means nothing. Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to own a YSL Old Rose Grain Leather Sac de Jour but I'd also love to travel the world. There are still so many places I've yet to see. So many cultures I've yet to experience. Dude, I saw Casey Neistat's Cuba vlogs and I've never been more intrigued! The cars there are beautiful! I find it interesting why the cars are like that in Cuba. I'm so thankful to have the chance to travel every now and then and it makes me so happy. I think my trip to Vietnam was one of the most humbling experiences ever. It made me realise that the people there were content with what they have when I get annoyed when there's no service. It made me realise to appreciate all the people I have around me, all the things I own. I wouldn't mind going back to Ho Chi Minh. I had fun there. Photos below are taken when I was there! All of these pictures were shot and edited by my dad. I know nothing about photography hahaha





Ben Thanh market



As you're reading this, I am in another country... probably swimming in the teal ocean ;) I cannot wait to share my experience!

Happy new year! I hope 2016 treats you well! Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments