Current Beauty Favourites #2

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Hello! It's been forever since my last favourites post! I've quite a good number of things to share today. These are the products I've been using for the last couple of months... except for one item. But we'll get to that later ;)

1. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW25


I've been eyeing this concealer for the longest time! I bought it right before Hari Raya (Eid) because I wanted to look flawless af for Raya... And I ran out of concealer. I only use it for my dark circles. I don't really use any concealer to cover any redness because tbh, I get lazy when it comes to that. As long as my dark circles are no longer there, then I'm all set to rule the world. Ok but seriously, I like how this concealer lasts so long on me - about 8 hours - and it doesn't crease! BUT the pump is so annoying! It's so difficult to control the pump. I try to pump out the smallest amount but it just squirts out a crap ton all the time. And in the end, I'll have to wipe off the excess and that's a waste of money!! Wished there's a way to take off the pump!

2. Bourjois Healthy Balance powder in 55


Got this powder because I know Amelia Liana raves about it and I can see why! It's the perfect powder to set your face. It doesn't cling on to my dry patches. I wouldn't say it lasts as long as it claims but it works well enough for me. I have yet to find a good powder or any product in general to combat the greasy mess that is my forehead. I swear, my forehead will look like a disco ball by noon. But anyway, if you're looking for something with coverage, this is definitely not it. There's barely any coverage. which is what I love! I think because of that, it doesn't make me look cakey! Highly recommend this powder!!

3. Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder


Next is this Maybelline bronzer that I shattered right before I was about to show it on Snapchat HAHA. I asked Nina to get this for me while she was in Australia so I don't know if you can find it here in Malaysia. I don't use it on my face because it doesn't really show up on my skin. The colour itself is pretty but am not too keen on how it looks like on my face. I only use it in my crease with this brush that I'll go into later. I don't ever wear any shadows until I got this. I just LOVE how it looks on my eyes! The only complaint I have is the lasting power. Other than that, SO PRETTY.

4. Makeup by Natresha brushes (Instagram: makeupbynatresha)


So the brush that I've been using to apply the bronzer in my crease is this crease brush from makeupbynatresha. I love this! It is so soft and fluffy! I don't know if they still sell brushes but you can find similar brushes everywhere.

5. Benefit's They're Real mascara


I think this could easily fall into my holy grail makeup essentials. This is so good! It was a freebie from a local magazine! I wish it wasn't so expensive! I would stock up on this if it was much cheaper. The only thing I dislike about this mascara is that it somehow hurts my eyes sometimes. It's not the formula that it's irritating. It could be the wand/bristles tugging on my lashes. But this thing is so good that I could see pass the little lash tugging issue.

6. Essence eyebrow stylist set



I've been searching for a good brow product that would complement my super black hair everywhere. It is so hard to find a nice, cheap dark brown colour in our country. The closest thing I could find was this. It is definitely not a holy grail item but I love it. It gets the job done. I think Essence is so underrated! If you actually took the time, you would find so many hidden gems. Their pencil liners are amazing. Lip liners and blushes too! But anyway, this little eyebrow kit thing is pretty neat. It comes with 3 different brow stencils, which I don't use but it's still a handy thing to have. The colour is nice and the pigmentation is pretty impressive for what it's worth! Try it!

7. BECCA Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop


Last but certainly not least... I've been waiting to own this for so long!! BECCA's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop. YA the one Jaclyn Hill co-created with BECCA!! So happy to add this to my collection. Yeah I know I'm cheating by including this because I've only had it for not even a month but I love Jaclyn Hill!! This highlight is so amazing. It is far more 'in-your-face' than my highlight from Sleek Makeup. So soft and buttery. LOVE IT.

You Might Also Like

0 comments