Life Abroad #1: Process

Friday, July 22, 2016

Hi!! So I don't know if you've read my previous post about what's going on right now. But if you haven't read it, I am flying off to Melbourne soon. I will most likely be in Melbourne by the time this post goes up.

I thought of making a 'log' of the days up until I actually leave for Melbourne, what I've been doing to prepare for life abroad and how I've been feeling about it etc. I think I'll make this into a series! Mana tahu, boleh tolong orang or people on the same boat won't feel so alone.

19th July 2016

I went to uni today to get my student visa done. I was a wreck. I was so anxious and all over the place (gelabah) because I had so little time to get everything done. Here's the thing, I received my conditional offer and sent my acceptance letters back in May. Didn't hear back from my uni aside from receiving the auto-reply after emailing the acceptance letters to them (i.e. "We have received your email. Please do not reply to this email as this account is not monitored.") We planned to leave for Melb at the end of June/early July. But I needed a confirmation of enrolment (COE) from my uni to apply for a student visa. 2 weeks after submitting the letters, I still have yet to receive a COE. Was then told that I needed to wait til my results were released - 10th July - in order for them to issue the COE.

When results were out, they then decided to tell me that the insurance provider my parents chose for me isn't compatible or whatever. That got me so annoyed because they had TWO MONTHS to tell me that but chose to do so 2 weeks before the last date to enrol. TWO WHOLE MONTHS OF SILENCE. I'm sorry for cussing but what the fuck bro. Of course, my parents were upset. And that's how I got here today - anxious and worried that things might not be done in time.

Also, that evening, I came home to my Sephora order! After years of hoping and praying, Kat Von D is finally available in Malaysia!! I got one of the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. Guess the shade! It's a cult favourite ;) I also got a Sleek blush in Pomegranate not because I wanted it but because I needed to spend a certain amount to use my birthday discount HAHA. Girl logic!

20th July 2016


I left the house at 8am today and made my way to Bangsar South... alone. I wasn't familiar with the roads in that area so I was a little worried I might get lost. Got a chest X-ray, urine test (my first ever. I was so grossed out lol) and a physical examination. I bumped into an old friend from school who was there for a UK Visa checkup.

The entire checkup took about 2 hours? The place was nice. The people were friendly, spoke way too fast but friendly!

Went to Subang Parade right after to get more essentials. Went home and continued packing. How does one pack their life into 2/3 suitcases?

21st July 2016

Another day of refreshing my immi account to see if my Visa was granted. Ran errands. I think the only thing I have been doing the past 2 weeks is running errands! Anyway, I then went on a not-so-mini shopping spree at One Utama. Got quite a lot of stuff... Hey, they're all for Melbourne ok!

22nd July 2016

The last thing that I needed to do before I leave for Melbourne is to cancel my loan. As I was getting ready, I got an email....saying my student visa has been approved!! Despite my visa grant, it still hasn't hit me that I'm not going to be around familiar faces and places for a really long time. How am I going to survive?!

Anyway, I went to Menara MRCB in Shah Alam and dude, the parking structure was so dark. It made me so paranoid. I had to constantly look behind to see if anyone was following me. PLUS, their machines you pay your parking tickets were so difficult to find. I had to walk to the mall next to it to pay the parking!!

Went home and continued packing. Took me ages! It's 1am right now and I am 80% done with packing! All that's left are my PJs!

I am so nervous. I am so excited to be back in Melbourne but so nervous. I am not mentally or emotionally prepared yet for this.

You Might Also Like

0 comments