Little Things

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Somedays, I wake up feeling like I can conquer the world. Today isn't one of those days. I've been feeling a little more homesick than usual lately. I mean, of course living thousands of miles away from your loved ones, being homesick is normal and it occurs everyday. But today is just one of those days where I feel like locking myself up in my room and cry. It could be because I miss my mom's cooking? Dude, all I've been cooking the past couple of weeks are bland and dry (like my love life) mat salleh food. I miss having roti telur at mamak every Saturday morning with my family. I miss Nasi Dagang back home, miss hitting up Gula every now and then for their Choux Pastry. I miss Malaysian food so much.

But despite that, I did learn how to make Seafood Aglio Olio, which I'm really proud of. It tasted so good! It'd be ten times better if it the squid I used wasn't so... uhh liat (sorry idk the English word for this). I also made lemon & herb chicken with butter rice. I loveeed it and I gotta give credit where it's due; I asked my mom for her recipe so ya.

It's the little things I miss. I miss going grocery shopping with my mom. I miss opening my door and seeing my cats waiting outside my parents' room. I miss my big bed!!! Omg ok so, my bed here in Melbourne is a single. My bed back home is a queen sized bed. I like rolling around when I sleep. I've been so used to doing it that whenever I toss and turn in my sleep here, half of my body will end up on the edge of my bed. It's so frustrating!

You know, I thought I'd have the chance to explore Melbourne every weekend. But nope, all I've been doing is studying/working. Working my way to get the (H)Dssss hahahha

I really wanna get a job while I'm here because 1. minimum wage is so high compared to back home 2. I want more money for makeup..... I got myself 2 liquid lipsticks from Ofra and a gloss from Kylie last week. My parents have no idea... until now HAHA sorry. I'll stop buying makeup for the next 3 weeks ok, parents.

I can't wait for Spring break. Can't wait to give myself a day off and finally explore Melbourne. Exploring the city is all I think about.

You Might Also Like

0 comments