What I Eat in a Day #1

Saturday, August 13, 2016


Breakfast:
So I typically eat oatmeal every morning because a) easy to prepare b) tastes good and is super filling. Back home, I would always make baked oatmeal topped with chopped up granny smith apples. Sometimes I'd add honey or peanut butter to it too. Did I change my routine now that I'm in Melbourne? NOPE HAHA. I still have oatmeal every morning but this time it's the microwaveable ones. I bought Carman's super berry and coconut porridge from Coles and I actually really like it! If you know me, you'd know that I hate the taste of milk. So for me to bear the taste of milk, I like to add fruits in oatmeal. Hence, the strawberries! Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon sugar and there you go. That's what I've been eating for the past week. 


Lunch:
This is where I struggle a lot... because I don't know how to cook proper meals. I know how to make a few things like the one pictured above. Sometimes I'd have lunch on campus. But today I decided to make quinoa with grilled chicken & mushroom and broccoli! I prepped my chicken with some paprika powder, salt & pepper. I heat up the pan, drizzle some olive oil and then put the chicken in. After the chicken gets a little cooked, I added in some mushrooms and my favourite, Nando's hot sauce!! I swear, I eat Nando's sauce with everything. It makes everything taste super good! I also added some to the quinoa. Sedaaaap!




Dinner:
Sorry if the lighting isn't that great in the last two pictures but it was at night. The lighting at my place isn't exactly the most ideal. But hey, work with what you got right?
So I decided to make Seafood Aglio Olio for my housemates (who don't have a clue that I have a blog btw HAHA at least I think they don't. But if they do, hi frenz). I had the recipe I wanted to refer to in my phone on WhatsApp but my phone couldn't switch on when I wanted to look it up.... So I just followed my gut and it actually turned out pretty great!! Not bad for someone who has never dealt with calamari (squid). I was prepping the seafood and when I got to the squid, I macam "weh macam mana aku nak bersihkan ni"
I'm so proud of myself. Look ma, I can cook!!!

It is now the middle of week 4. Am I crushing on anyone? Yes HAHA and NO it's not my super handsome tutor. I've also got an essay about asylum seekers and refugees due next week which I really, really need to get started on. Why do I always procrastinate ugh 

You Might Also Like

0 comments