Drab Dad to Dapper Dad

Thursday, June 15, 2017


That right there is my Dad. This picture is one of my favourites of him because it shows that he doesn't let his broken foot stop him from having fun. He would always look for the silver lining in everything. Growing up, he would constantly remind me to always be grateful and humble, and be nice to everyone no matter how they treated me. He taught me to be independent and make me see things with an open mind. 

He's great and all but... dad, you should stop wearing the same thing every time we go out! The outfit you see in this picture is literally what he wears almost all the time. He loves to golf so he owns a million golf shirts and wears them out even when he's not at the course. Can we also talk about those 'gladiator' sandals? I am not a fan...

Personally, I think he needs to up his game in the fashion department. So I decided to come up with an outfit I'd put my dad in. 

#2

I love pairing button-up shirts with jeans. You can never go wrong with that combination! It'd be nice to see my dad swap his golf shirts for a crisp button-up every now and then. I would love to see my dad NOT in those ugly sandals he wears all the time soo I opted for the loafers for a more sophisticated look. My dad loves his sunglasses and watches, so I'm pretty he would love the ones I picked out for this look. Thought I'd finish the whole outfit with a camel jacket. I just find that the jacket has Jim Chapman's name written all over it! I know this outfit may seem a little too trendy for his age (he just turned 46 two weeks ago!), but my dad's always going on about how he's still 25 at heart! Plus, fashion has no rules right? I'm pretty sure he'd rock this look!

If you ever need more inspiration to experiment with your man's style, hit up Bonobos! They have the trendiest, best-fitting bottoms ever! From shorts, to dress pants – you name it, they've got it!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish Happy Fathers' Day to all the amazing, kind dads out there! Thank you for all that you do! If my dad is reading this right now, I know I almost never show it but I am grateful everyday for all that you do for us. Thank you for raising me the way you did/do. Can't wait for you and mom to be here in Melbourne with me! See you in a week, dad!! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments