My Favourite Podcasts

Sunday, January 13, 2019

I don't know about you but I felt like podcasts were one of 2018's most talked about things. Every YouTuber I watch dove into the world of podcasts. Personally, I prefer podcasts that are all about self-improvements, friendships, advice, taboo topics etc. Here's some of my favourites:


1. Pretty Basic by Remi Cruz and Alisha Marie

Source: Google

I have watched both Remi and Alisha on YouTube for years. They're some of my favourite people online! So I was pretty excited when they announced that they were doing a podcast last October. I listen to it religiously! It's a part of my Thursday commute to work! They talk about their dating, friendships and work.

I love their energy and their friendship. Honestly, I feel like I could be best friends with Remi. I relate to her in so many ways. I feel like we could get along so well!! Pretty Basic is easily my top favourite podcast.


2. Thick & Thin by Katy Bellotte

Source: Google

Yes, Katy is also another YouTuber whom I've watched for years. I love her content!! She's currently living my dream of living in New York City and working for a cosmetic company (L'Oreal). I think she's very down to earth and wise. She always says the smartest, wittiest things! And I find her voice so therapeutic too.


3. Couples Therapy by Casey and Candice Neistat

Source: Google

I'm sure you can recognize a pattern here. Most podcasts I listen to are hosted by YouTubers. If you don't know Casey, you must be living under a rock. He's incredible at cinematography and is so motivated with his work. I've talked about him a few times in previous posts. I like this podcast because it does not focus on presenting their marriage the 'perfect' relationship. They're so candid about the hardships they go through in their relationship. Some may think they're oversharing, I just think it's something I can take notes of for when I get married LOL.


4. On The Line by Estée Lalonde

Source: Google

Ok ya know what, the podcasts I listen to that are hosted by YouTubers are people I've watched for years. Let's just put that out there. Estée is also someone I've been a fan of since I was 18! That's 5 years ago now. I watch her because her content is very fresh and minimal. It's the kind of aesthetic I'm currently into.

I particularly enjoyed her episode on sexuality with Eileen Kelly and friendship with Amelia Liana (also another YouTuber)! I've learned so much from the one centered around sexuality. Fun fact: I took two units centered on sexuality at uni. Guess it's safe to say that the topic of sexuality is something I'm interested in.


5. When Life Gives You Melons by Maya Jama

Source: Google

I actually found Maya Jama on Instagram. Came across her page and followed her immediately. I think she's a DJ, radio talk show host and many others I'm not sure of. She pretty much talks about the same things Estée talks about in her podcast. I like her energy and humour. I can't believe she's only 2 years older than I am. She's already accomplished so much in her life!

__

Those were my top five favourite podcasts! I hope you listen and like at least one of them, because I know I do. Til then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments